Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday Nov 23 and a day off for Santa

What a week! Great kids, some laughing, some crying, some so terrified they peed their pants (not anywhere near Santa thankfully). Singles, groups, families, and qute a few adult group shots. The youngest has been 2 weeks old, and the oldest was 92 years old (with daughter, grand daughter, and great grand daughter). Lots of pics with babies - sleeping, crying, giggling, bored, and just looking around. Biggest problem so far is getting the camera/computer to consistently talk to the printer/computer. Sometimes I think the electronics take a vacation break and wait for us to find out!! Crew has been great - taking care of Santa (getting water/lemonade, asking how I am doing), letting Santa know the names of children as they come through the door, and also let me know if its a visit or photo shoot.

Ed keeps piling on the mileage as he goes between the motor home park, the mall, and the gym. I must publically thank him for all he has done. He does all the other jobs and lets me concentrate on being the jolly old elf. And he continues to voluntarily walk into the mall even though he can't stand the places. Even has offered to go to other malls to "check out the competition".

And speaking of competition - we have noticed two men watching my entrance on seperate days. Both hung back in the mall concourse, both had the same body shape as I, and both had good white beards.............HMM..........competition checking out what I am doing. Interestingly enough, both 'visits' happened just after my picture was in the local paper!!! Third page, big as life - check out the link posted a couple of days ago by Ed.

Have found a great Mexican place (seafood - shirmp, mahi-mahi, tuna), a pretty good B-B-Q place (not bad, but not as great as in Texas - home of barbeque), hamburger joints (only tried it once but In-N-Out is pretty good), and there are lots more to choose from. Every corner has at least one Mexican restaurant - makes sense as there are a huge number of Hispanics here. Plenty of Spanish being spoken (even to Santa who does not speak the language very well).

Ed has found cheap gas (Costco), cheap booze (BevMo), and great grocery shopping (Von's which is really a Safeway in different clothing). We had to find a seamtress as a bit of my fur started coming away from the velvet (some young thing squirmed a bit to hard and pulled the suit), and then the next day another little one somehow got my suit soiled so I have a small bright pink spot on the fur so will have to find a good dry cleaners.

Have been getting everyone coming to see Santa to sanitize hands and most children have no problem with that. Parents see this, think for a minute, and then understand completely as their child gives me a hug or fingers the beard/suit/gloves.

The 'replacement' Santa is working out well - gives me a day off (rare in Santa circles)!! Also allows me a day to get things done (beard whitened, shopping, dry cleaning, etc).

As it is almost noon and I am still in PJs (red flannel with reindeer - would Santa wear anything else?) and hungry because we haven't even had breakfast yet, I should go and start the day!!

Believe in the spirit of Christmas.

Santa Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment