Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Last two days at the mall

Well, it's down to the last two days for this Santa and crew. It's been a wonderful time and I have met some great people along the way.

No more holdups that we know of so everyone is breathing a little easier now. Although when I talked to the crew about the holdup they all looked at me strangely and said: "Yeah, it's Fresno".

Our friend Marg McLellan arrived yesterday and we all had a great 'chinwag' last night. Today Ed and Marg get to explore Fresno while I catch the last few children before my big trip on the 24th. Sure that they will have fun.

Lots of funny things happening that I will write about when I have a little more time (just waiting for breakfast to cook then we dash off to the cave and then work). Like the young girl who wanted another brother after enduring photos with this little guy who sat screaming and squirming on my lap. Or the little girl who resisted all the way to Santa's lap screaming her head off, then when she was (rather forcibly) placed on my lap turned to me and said in a bright cheery voice - "Hi Santa, I love you!" and sat perfectly still for the whole picture shoot with a beautific smile on her face. Some wonderful memories like the three young adults who have been having Santa sit on their laps for every Christmas photo since they were teenagers. Or the family photo with four generations and total number of babies, children, teens, adults being 23. Or the two and a half day old baby. Or the babies that were fussing and parents who stood amazed as Santa fed them the bottle AND got the pictures. Yes, lots of memories. Of course there were some naughty children, some young ones who would not sit on Santa's lap or screamed bloody murder the whole photo shoot, and some teens who were just out to cause havoc but those memories will fade quickly.

Marg, Ed, and I will be having Christmas dinner at a restaurant just outside Fresno. I am sure Ed will fill you in on all the details. Then we have photos with Santa on Dec 26 with the children here at the park and possibly get to sit down with my 'hairdresser' and his partner later on that day. We have been wanting to just sit and talk (instead of him bleaching my beard) but never have found the time.

Probably will go off to Monterey on Dec 27 for a meeting with the big boss about what worked (or didn't) this year and plans for next year and then we start packing up the motorhome. Dec 29 is the day I go back to the hairdresser to have beard and hair cut. This year my hair and beard is the longest it has ever been - even way back in the 70's when I tried to have an afro and long hair was usual.

Must get going and we hope everyone is ready for the big day - I know that I am!!!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Ross and Ed, and Marg too!! Wishing you peace, love, and good health (I'm assuming "good eats" is a given, right??) over the holiday season. Looking forward to seeing you all again sometime in 2010! I've really enjoyed following along with you on this wild Christmas ride. Happy HoHo Santa:)

    ReplyDelete